Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Battle with the Bumps:Accumulative Skincare Product Review




I know I am not alone when it comes to  battling my own skin! I have been dealing with mild to often moderate acne since I was in middle school. In the last few years my acne has been better than before, but now I also face dry spots, large pores and oily areas. I am a firm believer that it doesn't matter what makeup you wear if your skin isn't in good shape! Your skin is your canvas....skincare products should be your first priority before cosmetics. 

I am constantly on the look out for reasonably affordable and effective products. In the process I have tried the whole Walmart shelf and half of Macy's. Here are a list of cleansers,treatments,toners, moisturizers,masks and sets that I have used with a very quick review on how it worked for me. If you want more elaboration feel free to comment below!



Cleanser
St.Ives apricot scrub (Bad...caused breakouts)
Clean and clear daily wash (Bad)
Purpose bar(Bad)
Dial soap (ok)
Clinique acne solutions cleansing bar (Bad...basically just paid $15 for soap. mad.)
Mark that's deep cleanser with exfoliating beads ( Bad. what the helicopter? The beads were a gross mess)
Neutregena cream cleanser deep clean (Bad)
Aveeno clear complexion cleanser (ok)
African black soap (ok)

Toner
Lemon juice (ok)
Witch hazel (Bad..so drying that your face over produces oils)
Apple cider vinegar (Good. This works decently if you aren't facing moderate to severe acne.)
Oxy pads (Good...but can be very harsh)

Moisturizer
Ponds cold cream (Bad)
Olive oil (ok)
Aveeno positively radiant (Great!)
Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel (Good)
Mark Matte Chance moisturizer (Good...and great price)

Mask
Queen helene (Good)
Mark shine fighter (Bad)
Yes to tomatoes facial mask (ok)

Spot treatment
Mario badesco spot treatment (Great)
Tooth paste (ok)
Oxy spot treatment( Bad. Your face might legit fall off.)

Set
Acne free clear skin system (Bad)
Arbonne fc5 complexion perfection (ok. It works great at first but your skin QUICKLY gets used to it)
Proactive (AWFUL. I hate proactive. hate it. The exfoliating beads actually tear your skin and cause more acne..cannot stand it.)


Recently I have challenged myself to healthy lifestyle. Scratch that I have treated myself to a healthier lifestyle.  I eat an 80/20 diet meaning, 80% wholesome, natural food  20% treats which can include processed foods. I try not to be a fanatic about anything so I will never completely surrender oreos, diet coke and McDonalds...but it is common sense that we shouldn't be fueling our bodies with chemicals everyday. Many of us are trying to get back to our roots and eat more organically but I have noticed most (me included) are not doing the same with our skincare and cosmetic products. This is just silly! If we care about we eat, we should care about what we apply daily, directly to our skin.....why? It is absorbed into our bloodstream!!!! hello.

So...I have decided in my battle against the bumps and continuing in treating the only body I have to health and wellness, that will apply the 80/20 rule to cosmetics! I have been on the look out for affordable and adequate natural skincare. I will let you know when I hit the jackpot!


No comments:

Post a Comment