Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Food Finds!








First and foremost, I have found a way to satisfy my cookie monster,candy cray, ice cream we all scream sweet tooth. Mussleman (my favoritest applesauce brand) has a "lite" option. The cute little cups are only 50 calories. Yes! Loves that. The Popsickle brand fudgescikle is only 40. Good news for me because no matter how bad I wanna look like supermodel I'm not giving up dessert.





I got MAMMOTH strawberries when I went to the farmers market with my friend Jill this week. I have been eating them like candy and putting them in EVERYTHING. The farmer's market is a whole other foodie post of it's own, I love the farmer's market.



Chobani "bites"....OMG YUMS. I got raspberry with dark chocolate chips and it's been my post dinner dessert this week. Each delectable cup is only 100 calories, not to mention 8 grams of protein! I have every intention of trying all the other tasty flavors.

^ Especially this one. Pineapple&carmel say whatttt?






This organic chia and flax seed bread is a new staple at my house. It is a Fresh&Easy original (my new favoritest grocery store) and affordable at $3.49. If I could I would eat about 80% Organic.....but we live on a military budget, so organic finds that also fit our budget are huge WINS. The bread is soft with no crunchy lumps and a sweet, nutty flavor.

Benefits of Chia seeds- 
*Crazy metabolism booster and zero calories! When a Chia seed is exposed to water it creates a gel coating and expands, making you feel full for hours. 

*It's a plant based complete protein, truly making the chia seed a super food...and because of that you can expect to feel energized! 

* They also are beneficial in preventing diverticulitis, balancing blood sugar and are high in omega3 which is essential for heart health.

*Chia makes you pretty...the seeds are packed with anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants help prevent free radicals and free radicals damage your body. Free radicals are a cause of premature aging and inflammation...so chia seeds can help you look young and vibrant!


Benefits of Flax seeds-

* Reduces hot flashes. 

* Flax seeds help prevent diabetes...which is great cause I love cupcakes.

* They are high in fiber which is key to weight loss.

*Flax seeds help prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease. 



Happy Friday ya'll!

2 comments: