Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Once upon a blog

    I have decided to take on blogging....For I think the 3rd time. The goal is to get past the 3rd post. I'm not very tech savvy so bare with me. I feel like I need to give you a memoir in the first post (because my life has just settled down from a CRAZY exciting stretch)...but I will spare you with a short (somewhat) introduction.
 
      A little background history--- I was born and raised in Oklahoma and am true to my roots.
Met my soul mate in Indiana when I moved there at 15. When I was 18 I was crazy enough to move on my own and went to college in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The following year I moved back to Indiana and continued college while my future husband pursued the Marine Corps. He proposed right before he left and I planned the wedding (with no communication but letters from him) while he was in bootcamp. We reunited a week before the wedding....we we're married and he left 3 days later. We lived apart for 5 months and in the midst of  the constant waiting and sacrifice my never ending itch for adventure surfaced and I decided I was going to take a cross country trip and move to Cali!.... So I packed up the cat and everything I own in the van and 3 days later I did. About a month and a half later he was given his orders and stationed at Camp Pendleton. We now live in Oceanside, California with our siamese cat Maggie May and black lab puppy Django! I am in limbo for now but about to start Nursing school and pursuing some dreams of my own.

    What will you see on my blog?---Many things. All things representative of my taste, expression, hobbies and passion. Jesus is my rock, guider and teacher. Disney princesses are my philosophers....I quote them like they're Socrates. Here you will see my reflections on faith. You will also see my childlike whimsy and my love for all things sparkly and pink. I will reminisce honestly and tell it like it is. My hobbies are as eclectic as my pleasures....I love to cook, bake and eat ;], oil painting, singing, running, volunteering and decorating. I enjoy my family and friends, humor,sweet pets, reviewing restaurants, all things enchanted (princess, mermaids,fairies), trying new makeup, all things beauty, feminine revival, pampering, a fine cigar, traveling,trying new cocktails, healthy but yummy alternatives, history, pinning on pinterest and reading. My newest adventures I'm beginning to tackle is riding a motorcycle and training for a half marathon....oh and of course this blog!




<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7261371/?claim=ge7ftkkt4ng">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment