Search This Blog

Sunday, April 28, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things....Cirque,flake and Paula Deen


April's favorite things

    Well, Hubby is out "playing war".....on a field op in Twenty Nine Palms, doing what Marines do. It's just me, the pup and our crazy cat....So I decided to use the lonesome evening to put together a favorite things list for the month! Some are discoveries and some are forever faves. Enjoy!




YOGA PANTS- and not just any yoga pants....Victoria's Secret yoga's...boot cut to be exact. I am rarely brand partial....but these babies are a $40 Brazilian butt lift. The ultimate in comfort, the ultimate in sexy. Need I elaborate further? No grand discovery here. Most of us love yoga's...or perhaps have my habit of living in yoga's. Staple to every college girl's wardrobe...no actual yoga required.

"Cookin' lean like Paula Deen" BLOG- Ok. Can I say obsessed?! Trust me when I say I love me butter topped, sour cream, mayonnaise, chocolate, gooey, deep fried goodness as much as the next southern girl but my hips (and my arteries for that matter) can't hardly take it. A Paula Deen recipe is a deal with the Devil.So, I'll take the healthy alternative. This blogger is a girl after my own heart. She copies Paula Deen's, along with other Food Network star's recipes and makes them healthy and figure friendly. Yay! Deff my fave blog this month!....Recipe reviews coming soon!


FLAKE BAR- A European treat. A popular chocolate bar in the UK and a rare find for me. The flake bar is one of my absolute favorites but so hard to find! World Market has been the only place I have found to carry them until I came across them at my local Fresh and Easy. I let out a little girly gasp and set aside my diet long enough to enjoy every flaky, creamy, chocolaty bite.



DOWNY UNSTOPABLES- holy cow! My favorite find this month. I just sprinkle a cap full of these little scented beads into the wash and the whole house smells like freshly dried sheets and spring happiness. I am mostly just partial because they wash away smelliness and make my Marine smell as pretty as a flower :]


FITNESS PAL- Chances are you are already familiar with Fitness pal (more like fitness very bestest friend) but if not and you are trying to maintain, loose weight or simply aiming to fuel your body healthily this app and website is the best. I love being able to update my food diary from where ever I am from the nearly infinite food database, being able to add my own recipes, tracking my progress, connecting with other members, setting goals and most of all my daily stats on meeting my requirements for sugars, fats, vitamins etc. Best way to count those calories!



"THE STORY"- "The Story" by the amazing Max Lucado and Randy Frazee. I'm in the middle of reading this life changing book. We have the hard copy on our shelf and I have it downloaded to my Nook. "The Story" is the Bible written in chronological order, in novel form. It is scripture tied together with theological literature which appears italicized in the book. I have been a Christian since I was 10 years old and NEVER have I understood the Bible like this. Truly understanding the Bible, the fight for humanity....the greatest love story ever told deepens your understanding for who God really is....and that changes your heart. I encourage believers and non believers alike to pick up this read to more clearly understand the Bible. After all it is the best selling book of all time!....More posts on this to come I'm sure!



CIRQUE BRONZER- I know, I know....tanning. Go ahead and add it to my long list of guilty pleasures. I love this stuff!! A little goes a long way and is light on the skin. You can see a difference after just one use and leaves a non-orange bronzey finish....but mostly I just like it cause it sparkles and smells AMAZING. Too bad they don't make perfume!



No comments:

Post a Comment